are you scared?
in this economy who wouldn't be
My dad just said: at your age you’ll probably wanna try a lot of things. Boys, girls, being a girl, being a boy, being punk or goth or spunky. And im okay with that. As long as you don’t come home and tell me youre a republican
parents who care
1. When someone tells you that you should go to bed, they’re probably right. You’ll regret not listening in the morning.
2. No one ever got anywhere without a little work. You want to be a writer? Write. You want to be a musician? Practice. It’s going to be hard and it’s going to take long hours and you’re going to miss that one party but if it’s what you love, it’s always worth it.
3. It’s really easy to get caught up in everything. It’s really easy to forget who was there at the beginning. You’ll feel it happening and you’ll want to ignore it, but darling, don’t you dare. Don’t pull away. Remember where you came from.
4. Everything is easier in the summer. Everything.
5. You have to put yourself first. Stop doing things simply for the sake of doing them - do things because you want to and do things because they make you want to smile and never stop.
6. Spend time with your family. They put up with you through your seventh grade troublemaker phase and if that’s not love, I don’t know what is.
7. Give yourself time. Stop shoving your feelings aside. It’s okay to be sad. It’s okay to sleep until three in the afternoon and then cry because you wasted your day. If no one’s ever told you before, I’m telling you now: your feelings are valid.”